I’m deeply passionate about transit, and I’ve been advocating, for it and its existence and quality, primarily in the Boston area. I’ve been a member of TransitMatters and a member and the MBTA liaison of the Lexington Transportation Advisory Committee since 2022.
Previous work and campaigns include:
- Lexington Bus Network Redesign Letter to the MBTA (2022); a letter with over 200 signatures asking for reinstatement of pre-pandemic bus service in Lexington, MA, as opposed to the proposed service cuts
- Lexington Transit (2022-); a website with information on Lexington’s public transit options and emails to an interested group.
- Feedback on Lexington’s 2022 10 Year Comprehensive Plan from Transportation Advisory Committee members (2022); combining feedback from other members and myself to fix issues and propose modifications in support of public transit and better land use by removing parking mandates and encouraging more dense development.
- Letter to the Lexington Select Board and School Committee (2022); leading the creation and execution of a letter asking for the Select Board and School Committee to be part of a process of creating recommendations of actions for various stakeholders to take to move travel to and from school to public transit, biking, walking, and school buses as opposed to cars and, currently, underutilized school buses, from the Transportation Advisory Committee with the endorsement of the Bicycle Advisory Committee.
- A proposal to revise Lexpress, local bus, fares and passes to a $20 annual pass to simplify bus access logistically and financially in an effort to regain and built post-pandemic ridership.
I’m currently working on:
- Leading a proposal to encourage Lexington Public School students to use public transit, biking, and walking and optimization of school buses to students with the highest need, with the Transportation Advisory Committee, the Bicycle Advisory Committee, Lexington Select Board, and town staff. As part of a larger effort to reduce traffic and parking in Lexington, MA, and to encourage more sustainable modes of transportation. This will be presented to the Select Board and School Committee in 2023.
- A solution to the large detours and delays impacting buses in Lexington, MA, and the surrounding area.
- Creating town-wide standards and goals for transit around new developments
- Revitalizing the activity of the Transportation Advisory Committee by filling newly vacant seats and through collaboration with the Bicycle Advisory Committee, other related town committees, and nearby towns and cities. Already having completed recruiting an active high school liaison.
- Communication with the MBTA as the newly appointed MBTA liaison of the Transportation Advisory Committee
- Community knowledge of public transit with repaired signage, maps, and advertising
- Improving transit in Lexington, MA, with the Transportation Advisory Committee, the Bicycle Advisory Committee, Lexington Select Board, and town staff.